The Dave Egerton Band – Manchester’s leading amateur band
Welcome to the Dave Egerton Band. Manchester’s leading amateur band with 30 musicians playing a century of popular music across the Northwest and beyond.
With music from the early 1920’s to the Swing era; from Glenn Miller to the Beatles; Fred Astaire to Vera Lynn to Van Morrison; Frank Sinatra to The Temptations to the Beach Boys; from the Supremes to Amy Winehouse to Caro Emerald ….. and much, much more!
From “soft and sultry” to “get on your feet and dance!” we play it all!
Whether we are playing on a bandstand in the park; on stage with a Big Band night; or at a wedding; we are here to help your special occasion be filled with great music and memories.
Come along and sit back while we take you down memory lane.
Listen to some of our music we played recently at our annual ‘Thanks for the Memory’ concert in aid of those with dementia.
The band was formed by Dave Egerton in 1983 initially as a youth band fusing Dave’s brass band background with woodwinds and was known then by the name that is still its official title – The Altrincham Concert Band.
- Band 40th Year Celebration: 10th March afternoon
- Thanks for the Memory 2024 at Cranage Hall – 10 year anniversary! 28th April 2024
- Christie Hospital Fund Raiser : 9th June afternoon
- Armed Forces Day: Tameside 29th June 2024
- Wythenshaw Hall Concert – July 2024 – date TBC
- Battle of Britain Day: Sale 15th September 2024
- Remembrance Sunday November 10th 2024
- Thanks for the Xmas Memory December Warrington 2024