The Dave Egerton Band – Manchester’s leading amateur band
Welcome to the Dave Egerton Band. Manchester’s leading amateur band with 30 musicians playing a century of popular music across the Northwest and beyond.
With music from the early 1920’s to the Swing era; from Glenn Miller to the Beatles; Fred Astaire to Vera Lynn to Van Morrison; Frank Sinatra to The Temptations to the Beach Boys; from the Supremes to Amy Winehouse to Caro Emerald ….. and much, much more!
From “soft and sultry” to “get on your feet and dance!” we play it all!
Whether we are playing on a bandstand in the park; on stage with a Big Band night; or at a wedding; we are here to help your special occasion be filled with great music and memories.
Come along and sit back while we take you down memory lane.
Listen to some of our music we played recently at our annual ‘Thanks for the Memory’ concert in aid of those with dementia.
The band was formed by Dave Egerton in 1983 initially as a youth band fusing Dave’s brass band background with woodwinds and was known then by the name that is still its official title – The Altrincham Concert Band.
- 22nd February 2020: A night of Toe-tapping and Top Tunes in aide of Winsford Mayor’s Charities
- Thanks for the Memory 2020 at Cranage Hall 17th May – back for a 7th year!
- Armed Forces Day: Tameside 27th June 2020
- Thanks for the Memory – Warrington 2020 – date to be confirmed
- Remembrance Sunday November 8th 2020
- 12th December 2020 – Band Christmas Concert – Everyone Welcome!